Calypso is such a fun colorful new collection in the Close to my Heart Seasonal Expressions #2 Catalog
This collection is being featured at my Mix Crop scrapbook workshop this week AND for the first sample layout I wanted to focus on the adorable flamingos on one of the Patterned Papers, one of the coordinating Washi Tapes, AND in one of the coordinating stamp sets called Tickled Pink + the matching Tickled Pink Thin Cut Dies so I kept my layouts color palette really simple — White Daisy, Pixie Pink, and Black. In the other crop layouts I’ll post later this week you’ll be able to see many more of the great patterned papers in Calypso.
INSPIRATION – I tapped into the Make it from Your Heart Volume #1 Idea Book from Close to my Heart for the composition of this layout. Jeanette Lynton’s page designs are so terrific for adapting to any paper collection and photo subject! Here’s a quick link to see all of the “How To” pattern books from Close to my Heart. They offer a lot of patterns for scrapbook pages and cards BUT they also often include layout variations and stamping technique info too!
TECHNIQUE TIP – The Complements assortment for Calypso includes 2 sheets of adhesive die cut elements. This makes scrapbooking faster, simpler but if you want to elevate an adhesive die cut element to create some dimension on your layout, use some 3D foam tape on the back and before removing the adhesive film on the side of the foam tape you’ll adhere to the your project, dust the sticky back side of the die cut element with a little baby powder. Remove the film from the 3D foam tape and adhere your element to your project. Voila!
FUN FACT – When I was working on this I felt like the layout was a little ho hum but I wasn’t sure what to do to make it better. One of the best things about being a Close to my Heart consultant as part of a great group like the Rose Blossoms is that we’re always sharing creative ideas with each other. We have a facebook group and I posted a picture of the layout I had done so far in a post on that group. Within moments a few of my fellow consultants suggested adding a custom page title in bold black using the font from the Cricut Artbooking cartridge. And then Debra on my team (who has a gift for embellishing her projects “just so”) gave me the great tips to add bitty sparkles to the flamingos’ eyes AND little black bows around the necks of a few of them. Now I LOVE this layout and I’m so excited to have it in our family’s photo albums!
E1031 – DATED is the stamp set used here
Registration for this Mix Crop is closed but you can still make the layouts that I’m showing this week. Here’s how:
- You can go to my online store to place an order for the supplies used in May-July 2016. A list for this sample layout is shown below.
- You can get a few friends together and I can bring the mix crop to you this spring or early summer. We’ll combine the supplies needed into an order in your name and then you’ll get hostess benefits from Close to my Heart too! Contact Me so we can pick a date for you and your friends and get started!
- Or you can email me to order the “kit to go” for yourself. If you order your kit “to go” it will include the Calypso Workshop Your Way collection and my layout notes printed in color which will include pictures of my layout samples. For a small extra charge I can do the die cutting and stamping of most page elements for you. Contact Me if you want to go with this option.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!
Please check back later this week to see more fun colorful layouts using Calypso!!!
SUPPLIES LIST for the above sample layout
- G1109 – Workshops You Way Calypso Scrapbooking Kit
- C1651 – Tickled Pink Stamp Set
- Z3228 – Tickled Pink Thin Cuts
- E1031 – Dated Stamp Set
- 9035 – Make it from your Heart – Volume 1
- Ink Pads in Whisper, Pixie, Hollyhock and Black
- Shin Han Markers in Y49 Pastel Green and YR26 Pastel Peach
- X5773 or X5940 – Pixie Pink Cardstock
- X5929 or X5933 – Whisper Cardstock
- 1386 or X5933 – Black Cardstock
- Z1263 – Bitty Sparkles
- Z3171 – Cricut Art Philosophy
- Z3169 – Cricut Artbooking
- Z3022 – 3-L EZ Dots Adhesive
- Z1151 – 3D Foam Tape
- Z1471 – Clear 14″ Ruler
- Z697 – Sponge